Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pantene Beautiful Lengths

March 1, 2010

I remember the conversation with Briar about my Aunt Carol and the battle she went through with Breast Cancer AND Ovarian Cancer. And how when you "fight" though chemo you sometimes loose your hair and have to wear wigs. She asked how they make wigs and I told her how people donate their hair. My sweet (and wise beyond her years) then 4 year old daughter decided she wanted to grow her hair out to be donated. We chose Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

Now, over 2 years later, we had quite an eventful night tonight... I had an appointment to get MY hair cut, Briar wanted to go along and have Kerri just "measure" her hair. As I was having my hair done the receptionist came up to Kerri and said her next appointment was cancelled, Briar's eyes lit up - but I was almost sure her hair wouldn't be long enough (plus, I was unprepared and didn't have my camera). Well, Kerri announced Briar had over 9 inches. After a few tears (Briar's and mine) and realizing how short her hair would be, she decided to go for it!

(these photos are from my iPhone... so the quality is not to my standards)

here is Briar once she decided to go for it.

cutting away the pony.


all cut and being styled.


she loves when Kerri styles her hair (not so much when I do it)



so happy with the results (our fabulous hair stylist, Kerri and Briar @ 6 years old)




I'll post more of the new hair-do and her filling out the donation forms, but I just couldn't wait to get these up, I was so proud of my little girl.

xo Paula

on a related note... after a hard fight my Aunt Carol BEAT cancer and was in remission of this awful disease for almost four years. But within the last 2 weeks we have found out that the ovarian cancer is back and she is on to another battle. Keep her, and all others who have battled and are still battling cancer, in your prayers each and everyday.

pat, pat, pat

2 comments:

Geri said...

Ok i'm tearing up...this is so incredible that Briar wanted to donate her hair!! LOVE the new do!! GO BRIAR!!!!

mkb said...

What a girl :) Adorable with the short hair!