Saturday, February 7, 2009

what to expect

I intend to have fun with you (yes dad's, even you!) I am easy going and love to be around people, especially kids!

[style] My goal is to capture natural expressions while we play in a comfortable setting. This is a great time to sing a favorite song, or play with a favorite toy. I am not looking to create that perfect portrait, life is hardly perfect, I intend to capture your life.

All digital images are shot in color, then presented in a mix of color and black & white.

[location] Sessions can be held at my Downtown Victoria Studio (Off Five Photography Studio & Co-op) or an agreed upon location. I prefer and LOVE taking photos using natural light. If the weather is comfortable outside, a session can be held outdoors in a shaded area of a favorite park or your yard. If the weather is too hot or too cold we can have play time inside using window light either at my studio or your home.

[wear] Keep clothing simple, avoid white and stay away from shirts with large written logos. Have outfits planned, don't be afraid to have a few outfits in mind for us to choose from. Texture shows beautiful in pictures. Some of my favorite looks are layered outfits, bright colors, fun tights, unique hats and bare feet. For babies skin is my preferred outfit, so don't be alarmed if I request your baby in mostly buff shots! If there is more than one child, outfits can be similar, but it's not necessary to have them match.

[prepare] Make sure everyone is well rested and well fed, relax and just enjoy our time together! Kids sense stressful energy and often react against it. If a child is not feeling well, it's better to reschedule. A session can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, if the plan is to meet at a park, then make sure to bring snacks, a drink, outfit change and even wet wipes!

(a note about newborn sessions... If you would like me to photograph your newborn, please contact me while you are still expecting. It's ideal to shoot newborns within 4-10 days of birth. I love the tiny, sleepy and poseable babies. After this time they start to wake up more and stretch out!. The newborn session will have plenty of time for nursing and cuddling, plan on me spending 2-4 hours with you.)

[after] I will send a sneak peak after the session by email or posting to my blog (paulacharchenko.blogspot.com). Please share these with family and friends. Approximately 2 weeks after your session you will receive
an on-line gallery for viewing/sharing and a CD of the edited/full resolution images with a release form.
I will provide you with a step by step guide to choosing and printing your photos, along with some locations or on-line sites to order from. If you feel overwhelmed, I'd be more than happy to order the prints for you, see the print prices under [in addition].

No comments: